Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Fools

So I got a silly idea from a lady at MOPs yesterday. She brought us what looked like cupcakes but they ended up being meatloaf with mashed potato frosting. 

Well I thought what a good idea to get my monkey to eat meatloaf. So I made the most healthy turkey meatloaf I could think of. It had spinach, carrots, and zucchini in it (all things Henry would not eat) I baked it in 2 round pans. I made the mashed potatoes put it together like a cake and set it all on the table and called them to dinner. 

Henry took one look at it and said "yippee" and than somehow it became Curious George's Birthday.(please excuse my dirty kitchen in the backround)

Than after singing Happy Birthday to George I sliced into it.
Well I am not 100% sure what was going on in Henry's little mind but I like to think that it was something like this.


Maybe it this dramatic reenactment is a little far fetched. But he ate every last bite of it calling
 it Birthday cake the whole time! Chip I don't think was so amused with the whole diner, but he played along and ate some as well.  I didn't think it was half bad. Thomas had no opinion :)

What silly boys!

But I have to tell you all my Hubby's April Fools "joke" to me. We woke up and he rolled over and said "Honey I am going to skip work today and spend it with you" I thought oh how sweet, I have MOPs but I can skip it to spend time with my sweet husband. Maybe we could even get a sitter so we could have a date. Than he l
ooked lovingly into my eyes and said "April Fools, See ya I am going to work". Ha Ha not so funny Chip!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Yummy!!!

petiteblogger said...

That's awesome! I'm going to try it. Dawson doesn't like mashed potatoes but maybe he wouldn't figure it out...