Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Wow!
So I don't know how many of you are American Idol fans, I haven't been watching much this last season. But I did catch it on the 9th this last week. They were doing the American Idols Give Back where they are raising awareness and funds for some different charities likethe Children's Defense Fund, The Global Fund, Make It Right, Malaria No More, Save The Children, U.S. Programs and the Children's Health Fund. So it is a good thing! Well that wasn't my big shocker, what got me tearing up was the song they sang. All 8 finalists sang "Shout to the Lord". Now maybe it is just me but I was so surprised! Idol is obviously not a christian program. It is amazing how God works huh! Not even knowing it these 8 individuals christian or not (and odds are some of them are not) have possibly planted such a huge seed in millions of viewers hearts. That is one of those songs that stirs up emotion in everyone, regardless of their faith! And what an impact it must have had on the singers and all the crew. You cannot say/sing those things and not think a little. What an amazing praise to God that rang out through all the millions of televisions throughout America! And it was the top downloaded itunes song for the next few days following that. WOW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That was pretty awesome!
Wow, Sarah. I was so bummed that I missed that show...meant to see it. Thanks for posting that - it moved me!!
Post a Comment