1) He cannot aim
2) When he goes he gets really excited and turns to tell me that he is peeing in the potty and well apparently where ever the head is facing so is the pee pee.
3) This poses difficult when we are out and about. Not all bathrooms are equipped with step stools.
I had been trying to wipe down the toilet after he went but after just stepping into my bathroom I realized I must have missed some! Whew it stinks in there.
I guess I will have to give the bathroom a full cleaning everyday just to keep the smell away. Or at least until he learns to aim.
P.S all suggestions on potty training are welcome and desperately needed! So please comment away.
So this is a funny potty training video I found! Henry thought it was great. Even in Japanese.

3 comments:
I've seen that video before... isn't it hilarious?! What the heck! LOL
No potty training advice for you since I haven't had to worry about the aim thing. Yet. Emma lies about wiping though, claiming she did it when we KNOW she didn't. Or she'll tell us her panties wiped for her. Isn't that charming?
My only suggestion would be to keep a container of those clorox wipes in the bathroom and do a quick swipe off of everything each time. It will only take a minute and will keep it smelling nice. Then you won't have, um, "build-up" to worry about. Don't worry, I've found some old crusty pee before in our bathroom when Emma may have dripped or something. I admit it.
Ok, 2 suggestions... take them as you see them: :)
you could have Chip start sitting when he pees... (don't know if he would be up for that and don't really want to know)
Or, Dawson discovered something on his own or by watching someone in his preschool, I don't know. He kindof sits on the potty kneeling/straddling the seat (facing the back). It makes it a lot easier to get it in the potty that way and not much room for missing! It sure looks strange, though! (and no, he didn't learn that one from watching Mike!!!)
That said, keeping the clorox wipes in the bathroom may just be easier! :)
I have no idea about boys...but I do remember when my brother was little (he is 8 1/2 years younger than me) my mom made him aim at cheerios in the toilet. You put some in and make him try to hit them with his pee. I'm not sure if it worked or not. Good luck!...at least he isn't peeing in his bed:)
Post a Comment