
I have had a revelation today!
Starbucks Mocha Frappuccinos have always been an Achilles Heal of mine. The obsession only worsened during my last pregnancy. They are soooooooooo delicious and the caffeine boost didn't suck! However now that I am trying desperately to lose the baby weight I have found that the 380 calories that come along with the drink were not helping my hips shrink! So I thought hey I will just stop getting them, right save some money, maybe drop a pant size I wasn't seeing the bad side to this.
Well all you mama's can testify to this, I needed my coffee! And every time I drove past the Starbucks, so like every other block, my heart would cry out just a little! Why oh why did they have to be so delicious? And why oh why did they have to have a drive thru? That just made it all that more of a temptation since I didn't have to unload anyone from the car.
Now I have never been a big fan of "light" or "diet" drinks however I NEEDED a frappuccino today (trust me it was a need, I won't get into details but it is just one of "those" days!) So after I went to the gym we drove to the Starbucks drive thru and when I ordered my regular mocha frappuccino the ladies voice rang out from the speaker "regular or light?" Now after busting my hump at the gym I was feeling good and with a clear loud and proud voice I said "Light please" and in the back of my head I was thinking "I wonder if they still put whipped cream on that?" I was nervous I have to say when she handed me my drink and my lips went to the straw to try my fist sip of light frappuccio.
Oh My Goodness! It was just as fabulous as the regular! No it didn't come with the pile of whipped cream on top, but it was delicious just the same. Now me being a bit of a skeptic I thought well it tastes this good it must still be really high in calories. So I got home and looked online and much to my suprise it was only 110 calories! Once again my heart sored, I could have my frappuccion and eat it too! Yes 110 is still calories I don't need but hey it is 270 less calories than what I was getting! 110 calories is only like 15 minutes on the treadmill. I still can get my caffeine boost with out the widening of my hips. Oh thank God for light Frappuccio's!

3 comments:
Mmmmm, you know you got my attention with that picture! I'm glad you like the light frapps, I tried it once & decided not to again- I like my calories, I guess!
Summer's coming - Frapps in the summer are my vice and we just got a drive-thru down the street (Arrr)! I had to drop them last year cuz of the high cals. Love to hear the calories of the lite won't throw me into a higher bathing suit size!!!
I don't even like coffee and you had me wanting a light frapp...
Post a Comment