Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shorts and Tanktops and Swimsuits. Oh My!

I had the opportunity to put on a bathing the other day. Oh the horror! I used to be ok with how I looked in a swimsuit but 2 kids in 2 years later and whew it is not such a pretty picture! Sure I am a little more busty than I used to be and that is a plus, but what is with that mid-section overhang? And while you are swimming with kids you cannot just stand and suck in your stomach you are constantly bent over helping someone, which makes your tummy stick out more and my slightly larger tush waggin' in air. And I am always in the shallows so I cannot just hide it all under the water.  While in the 4 inches of water we play in my feet and ankles are covered and to be honest they are some of the better looking parts of my body right now.  Oh well!

Don't worry I am writing this whole blog with a smile on my face! I was happy to give up my cute body for the life of my children and I would happily do it again. 

However I am going to regain some of my abdominal muscle tone, I am sure of it (hopefully). I would love to be a fit and healthy mama! And now I have further motivation, we are going on a cruise in October with no kiddos :).  So lets all just say a quick prayer that I can fit into a normal non maternity swimsuit by then! So if any of you have any yummy recipes that will assist me on my quest give them to me!

Ok enough on my female body image issues. 

What an odd time of year, yesterday it was almost 70 degrees and today we wake up and it is snowing! And rumor has it that by this afternoon it is supposed to be almost 60 again. It is like you have to bring a whole wardrobe for you kids with you because you never know what to expect.

Ohhhhhhhhh I have good news (only you who are mamas will understand this) Yesterday while we were at the rec center the boys were in the childcare area, Henry, drum roll please, went pee in the potty! He has never gone in the potty any place but home before! The worker lady said he told her he had to go and after he jumped around saying "I made it"!  They have the cutest potty there. It is a real toilet but just miniature! So cute! 

2 comments:

Retta said...

Sarah- If you want to loose some weight, not that you need to. But I understand, especially with a cruise in the future... I lost some weight doing Jorge Cruise 8 Minutes in the Morning- I also have 8 Minute Abs... I would love to have you borrow them, & even a busy Mom can do 8 minutes- I use to use my youngest as my weight. Loretta Hendriksen
Just send me an e mail if you want me to bring them to MOPS next week
lorettahendriksen@yahoo.com

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Sarah, you make me laugh! We can all relate! :)

You DO have some pretty hot ankles.