I think that I just need to find a way to "turn my frown upside down, after all no one ever got a head by sitting on their behind"(thats a quote from a great movie, well not conventionally great but I love it all the same). Maybe I should start my day by looking at the positives. Here are some things I am thankful for. In no particular order.
1)My morning coffee. It makes even the worse night sleeps seem bearable.
2)My sweet baby boys. Sure they drive me nuts some days, and all I can think most of the time is "I am not a jungle gym". But I cannot imagine life without them, they are the best thing I have ever done.
3)My hubby. I know I fall short everyday of the wife he deserves but he seems to love me all the same. And I think he is smoken' hot.
4)This ties in with #3 but my hubby is a great father. He is the perfect combo of playmate and authority figure. They know that the moment that he steps in the door "fun" has arrived, but they also know that when he means business it is firm and final. (I swear I can yell at them, really just the 2 year old, my 7 month old isn't being disobedient yet :), all day but when Dad says no that is all it take's)
5)The amazing group of women that God has put in my life. I learn so much and feel so loved.
Little story: So a few weeks ago my little baby got double ear infections, He was just so sick, and was losing weight very fast. I was distraught! I went to my weekly bible study with him and I ended up being the only person in my group that showed up other than the leaders. I was just on the verge of tears telling them about how sick he was, and how tired I was because we hadn't been able to sleep for like a week at that point. They were so sweet! Both of them prayed for my little baby and for me with tears in their eyes. I was baffled! How could these 2 women love me and my baby so much that they were crying because we were in pain. I don't think I have ever felt so loved by people who hardly know me.
6)Nap time. It is just a wonderful!
7)A God who loves me through all and despite my issues! He pursues daily even though I don't deserve it.
8)My home. I am so thankful that I have a warm home!
9)The Rec Center. I know that sounds lame, but it has a great child care area and I get the opportunity to get a little exercise and take care of me! The endorphins don't stink!
10)As stated in my previous post, Frappuccinos! I love Starbucks. Just the name Frappuccino makes me smile. And thus I have to go workout!
11)I was born when I was. I don't think I could have survived as a Frontiers Woman. The Pioneer Day's were not for me.
Well I feel better! I think everyday I should start my day with a list of what I am thankful for. Maybe I would be a less cranky Mama!
Let me know what you are thankful for!
P.S can you guess what movie I quoted?

2 comments:
Awww, Sarah! Sounds like you needed a little MOPS today!
I'm horrible at movie quotes. I have no idea what that's from, but it made me giggle. :)
Your list of things to be thankful for is great. Just come back to that when you're feeling down. Or call me! :)
What movie is that from?...I googled and couldn't find it. I liked your list:)
Post a Comment