Friday, May 2, 2008

June Cleaver?!? Which one is "The Beaver"?

So I did something kind of silly and well it is a little embarrassing to tell people. I decided to play a fun game with Chip. I think I will name the game "June Cleaver for a Day".I put on a cute little dress with heals, pearls and all. Got the house all cleaned up, and I cooked a roast with mashed potatoes. Sound pretty 1950's to me. Dinner was ready and on the table when he walked through the door. This was the image that he saw.
Sorry about the bad picture it is hard to get the self timer going on the camera and get the 3 of us into position in time! This photo took about 30 min to get!
I have to tell you he loved it. After I finally convinced him that this was in fact for him, and that no, he did not forget some sort of special day. But it just perked up his spirits so much. And it all happened on a good day, I guess it was a really crummy day at work for him. It all made me think no I don't need to put on the pearls every day before he comes home, but I bet he would feel really loved and in a safe place if on a more normal basis I semi had it together before he came home. Normally it is the furthest from "together". Most of the time the house is covered in the monkeys toys, I am yelling at someone while trying to get some sort of dinner together! Hum well I guess it has given me something to work towards.

On a side note, who invented those teething biscuits. They are the absolute messiest thing I have ever fed my child.

6 comments:

Kristina said...

You are hilarious...that is a great idea! My husband would love June Cleaver day.

petiteblogger said...

That is awesome!!!!! I will let you know if I ever try it.
I second the thought on teething biscuits. We have moved on to club crackers!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

This post has had me laughing for days now. Every time I think of it, I giggle! You're so darn cute, Sarah.

I've no doubt Chip loved it! And I betcha June and Ward weren't sleeping in separate beds that night, were they?

(Okay, sorry. Totally inappropriate.)

Kristina said...

Are you sure June wasn't too tired? After a day like that I wouldn't mind seperate beds...June needs a break too:)

petiteblogger said...

This 'June' is a little upset, now, because her 'Ward' wants her to start mowing the lawn because of a certain somebody's blog post... won't name any names... :)

Dena said...

You are too awesome Sarah! Good for you to love on your man!!

Bravo!!!