Well I have to admit something to you all. I am a big giant Grinch! I have many a yuletide doubts. I would like to say that I am one of those people that "live" for the holiday season, but alas I am not!!!!!!!
I think that my Navidad aversions can be traced to my childhood. Lets start with the obvious. I am child #3 of 4. I wasn't the older two when they (my parents) tried to make Christmas magical and I wasn't the "baby" of the family so I think I just fell through the cracks of the festivities.
We were never did much celebrating of good ol' Christmas anyway. My parents (yet again I blame them, isn't it fabulous to have someone to blame your short comings on.) were not into the commercialism of the season. As we got older and older the presents just well, lets just say Christmas morning was not much of an expectant time. We actually decided that no one was allowed to leave their room until 9am (which is where my love of sleep issues may have stared, but that is another therapy session, oops I mean blog post in it self) Maybe most importantly , I am so lazy. The idea of getting out in the cold to go fight people in stores, and the stories every year of people being trampled to death at Walmart for what, 15% off that TV. Oh God please don't let me die in a Walmart!!!!!
Hmmmm do you detect some cynicism here? I think I just don't like the perversion of what this time of year should be. Instead of being a time to look forward to with eagerness and anticipation. We dread the idea that we have to see our families (yet again, didn't we just see them like 3 weeks earlier) No, lets forget that we all have eternal life due to the birth of someone (who was that again), for the love don't make me sit at the same table with the people that share genetic material with me.
Okay I am done I promise. I just found my grouchy pills and I am all better now. I have been enjoying elfing ourselves. Thanks for the idea Amber. What other time of year can you put your families heads on a bunch of dancing elves? Sorry to be a bit of a Debby Downer here! I think now that I have gotten that off my chest I can dive into the Christmas Spirit. Errr maybe. I do put on a good show for my kids. I don't feel they need to suffer any yuletide loss due to my bad attitude.
Oh and I always get sick this time of year. Lets just sprinkle some salt on the wound huh!
Okay, Okay I am really done now. If you all feel the need to pitch in an get me some therapy for Christmas I understand! :)
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cynicism is ok every once in a while... You'll be forgiven if you post your Elf-yourself! I think it's just too funny! :)
I can relate to how you feel, though... I usually can't wait to get all the decorations down right after christmas, too...
Post a Comment