Thursday, November 13, 2008

"You Are My Life Now"

Where have I been? What have I been doing with my life?
I know that is what you are all thinking, right :) I have been major blogger blocked. I don't know if it was the weather change or the time change but something has been off. Okay okay I would love to blame my inability to sit down and type on a force of nature (not that the time change is from nature) but I think I need to be truly honest with you all. I have not been, alas truth be told, I returned from vacation with my husband and fell in to a major post vacation depression. The real world was just such a let down after having everything done for me! So instead of facing reality I slipped away to a land of fiction. I allowed my quasi-obsessive tendencies to take over. My mind has disappeared from this world and gone over to the world of Twilight.

I have not been able to do this all alone, unfortunately I think I may have pulled a few of you down with me, so to your husbands I apologize that your wife's no longer cook or clean all they do is read, and when they are not reading they are contemplating what they just read.

I am convinced that if I had read that books and than did not find out that there is a movie coming out on the 21st, I may have just had a small neurotic issue, but the movie is coming out. So my obsession just grew. I have watched every trailer, any video I could find on youtube and most recently bought the soundtrack. Not to bad, really it fits the book well so I have high hopes for the movie.

Knowing that it really is me and mostly 16 year old girls that have fallen into this pit of obsession makes me question my own maturity (not that I have ever taken any claims to maturity) But it has made me feel so much better to learn that I do have some fellow "adult" soul mates in this obsession.

So this post I know will be understood by a few of you, and the rest PLEASE don't judge me :) Or if you do, don't tell me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it! I didn't think I'd want to re-read these... but now I do!

No MN girls have stepped up to the plate for Twilight, so it may be me taking Mike to the movie. Wish me luck! I will be with you guys in spirit!! Thanks for posting the preview... it was fun to watch... again :o) So glad I have some friends who understand!!

Dena said...

okay, so I was actually doing okay until this....great. I hadn't seen this trailer yet. My pulse has quickened, my breathing is shallow...obsessed. yes. ridiculous. I'm glad I have you!

petiteblogger said...

I think especially as young moms we get so immersed in our little people world it's fun to escape. And maybe the more overwhelmed we are at home the more obsessed we become with things like this? I don't know, just a theory.
That said, my fellow obsessing mamas- can't wait for the 21st! We must need a break! And Michelle, when you get back, maybe we can just all go again and save Mike from having to...?

Heather said...

Are you kidding me? Those were the books I was obsessively reading in September right before Miriam was born. I feel your pain, my friend, and I am eagerly anticipating the movie release next week! Can you believe it? They are awesome books.

Taryn said...

Yeah- Sarah is back! I have missed you. (I just got the first Twilight book from a friend today, so I look forward to joining the fun soon!)

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Oh girls. I got "permission" tonight to go our on Friday night... YIPPEEEE! Although I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm nuts.

I'd seen the preview before... last week, I think, when I was wasting way too much time reading about Stephanie Meyer and the background on the books... did you know she had a dream and kept waking up at night to write it all down? Hello, SHE'S a mom too! She knew we needed a little reality break.

That said, Edward is not as cute a I pictured him... but yet, Bella is prettier than I imagined. Interesting. What does that mean? I'm sure there's some deep psychological meaning there.

Okay. I'm only barely into book 2. I'm just a Twilight baby. I'm off to keep reading so I can join the ranks of you slightly obsessed girls.