I love having a backyard! You see this is the first house that I have ever lived in that has had a real backyard. Growing up we always lived in the mountains or in other countries where everyone lives in apartments. So having a backyard is very exciting to me. I can remember always being envious of other kids backyards, all I wanted was a slip-n-slide but was never allowed to get one because in the mountains there is no real good place to do it. I can remember my sister, brother and I trying to make our own with a tarp and the hose. We found the clearest spot possible and gave it a try. Well I don't know if any of you have been in the mountains around here but there are lots of rock and lots of sharp weeds! Keep in mind everything in the mountains is a hill, one of us would hold the hose on the tarp while the other 2 would run as fast as we could down the mountain side and jump on the tarp (which someone normally would land on a rock) and slide the 7 feet of tarp and land in a heap at the bottom in a patch of weeds. We all came out of that experience a little bruised and with lots of splinters. I don't think that game lasted very long. So one of my favorite things about our house it having a backyard my boys can play in that is rock and weed free (most of the time, I hate weeding).
Henry is a big fan of backyard adventures as well. For his 3rd birthday he got this cool sprinkler toy from his cousin Addie.

There is hours of fun involved with this fire truck. All eventually making our back yard a marshland. Thomas got to join the fun as well. That boy is fearless! It wasn't until this year that Henry liked playing in the sprinklers. Thomas on the other hand faced the water head on laughing the whole time.

Aren't they precious!
2 comments:
Great pics! Looks like fun... That firetruck sprinkler is great!
I can't wait until we have a real backyard...the slip and slide was my favorite as a kid! You know you are never to old to slip and slide:)
Post a Comment