Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ohhhh The Facts of Life

I just read a friends blog about her glorious day becoming a woman and it got me thinking not only about the day that "fred" came to visit me for the first time (I don't know why it is called fred, that is just what my older sisters called it), but about what is it that I am going to have to deal with having boys and the changes of life! I really truly have no idea what to expect. Do they have a day when it all changes like for a girl or for them or is it slowly over time. Do you as a parent even know when it hits? Does anything "hit" for them? I really feel just ignorant to the male body tonight! Maybe I should be relived that I will not have to deal with "fred" visiting anyone else in this house, but I am a little worried about what to expect with my boys! I know what to expect with a girl, but God has given me boys. I think He is trying to stretch my horizons! Maybe I should see it as a relief. Whenever anything "hormonally" happens I can just defer it to my hubby. They can deal with all the boy issues together and just leave me out of it because I am fairly certain that I don't want to know!

I do believe that I should feel blessed however, my father had 3 girls and he was a trooper about having to go out and buy "fred toys"(tampons). But for some reason he would always buy us ginger ale also. I don't think he really understood what cramps were. I guess he figured that when he had a stomach ache he would drink ginger ale to help it. Well anyway his heart was in the right place and I do applicate the gesture.

Angie I need to dedicate this whole blog to you. It was your idea that inspired this post tonight! You are truly an inspiration in my life and I am so blessed to know you. Happy Anniversary!


1 comment:

petiteblogger said...

Sarah, I read the part about your dad buying you ginger ale out loud to Mike... I think that's so hilarious and so sweet, also...
You've got to love clueless boys who just want their sweeties to feel better!