Monday, October 5, 2009

GRRRRRR

BEWARE A RANT AND RAVE TO FOLLOW

Ok so here I am sitting at home trying to wrangle my two monkey children who at the moment one is trying to use my beautiful pearl necklace as a dog leash while the other one is removing everything out of the cabinets. While trying to get the house ready for company. I sit myself down at the computer to check my email and in the side bar something catches my eye. It's an add. Normally I just ignore them as I have no need to loose 25lbs in 10 days (well maybe I could loose the 25lbs, but the 10 day part seems a bit extreme)But this one held my attention.

Am I a Good Mom?
Take the Quiz & See if you are a Good, Bad or So So Mother.

WHAT!?! I am furious as should all mothers out there should be. And here are my reasons:

1) How can a 15 question quiz measure the value of my ability to be a good Mother
2) As a Mom you face the feelings every day that you are not doing a good enough of a job, do I really need to take a quiz to tell me that I am stinking it up.
3)How could this website that posted this be so irresponsible in having such a potentially damaging,to an already struggling mother, quiz. That will, lets face it make us feel like it is true, I am not doing enough.

Shame on you MyDailyMoment.com in your poor choice.

I apologize to all for having to read this, I just needed to get that off my chest :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

No apologies necessary. Your blog. Your rant. It's perfectly acceptable. And you ARE a good mommy. Love you!

Kristina said...

All of those quizes are usually stupid:) 15 questions to tell me if I am a good lover, friend, mother etc. Liked your rant.