Friday, May 1, 2009

MUD

So yesterday I was faced with a Mama choice. It was about 4:15 the boys were up from their naps and we needed to be out the door by 5 o'clock at the latest. It was a beautiful afternoon and the boys wanted to play in the back yard. Well we went out back and they played for a bit. At that point Henry came and asked me if he could water our trees and bushes. I told him yes, but to be very careful not to get wet, or to get his brother wet. The next thing I knew Henry was in my garden with the hose and Thomas was on his way to join in the fun. I took a deep breath and thought. I can freak out and drag them both inside right now, or I can let them be boys, be a little late because with this case baths will surely be necessary, and grab the camera.

Well as you can see, I chose the second option.



As you can see they had a blast. Yes, it took me forever to get all the mud off of them and their clothing. Yes, we were almost 45 minutes late leaving the house. Yes, I may never get all the dirt out of my bathtub. Yes, I had to change my clothing as well.

But most importantly Yes, they had fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder to let my boys just be boys. Besides, it makes for some great photos too!

petiteblogger said...

That's awesome. You did good, mom!

Kristina said...

What a good mama! Looks like they had a blast:)

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Good for you! I'll bet you were their hero. I think my favorite part is the pacifier in Thomas' mouth. Can you imagine how much he would've ingested if not for that thing?!