Well I have been a busy woman lately. Chip and I decided that we were not going to put Henry in pre-school this year. We have a very busy week this year and it just didn't seem practical. But I was feeling awfully guilty that he was missing out on that academic challenge (I know, I know they don't really do much in pre-school) but I was feeling guilty. And he was really starting to show an interest in learning. So with this all on my mind, I went out antique shopping the other day. As I was rummaging through someone else's junk I came upon this.

I thought to myself, I could do pre-school with him. PBS will not be what educates my child. It lit up my mind with ideas! So for a whopping 19 dollars it was mine. I got it home and started in on my newest project. I grabed Henry and took off for Home Depot (I figured after all this was a desk for him, he should be involved in the fix up process) Here is the cast of characters I needed to fix this thing up.

(This desk was suddenly becoming less of a deal!) I Stripped (he, he), Sanded, Painted and Stained (and by I, I mean I started it and than Chip finished it)


After the fumes settled it was ready for Henrys first day of "school". I bought some materials (I know, I know you really don't need to spend money to teach someone the ABC's and numbers, but when I start something I tend to go a bit overboard!)

Well this morning after putting Thomas down for his morning nap, the TV went off and we started. Today was A day (meaning we started with the letter A) Henry loved it. And it was really fun to get to spend some time with him.

Look at those beautiful A's!


And to stop you from thinking these thoughts, no I will not be home schooling him. This is a pre-school thing only. I have it already planned that I will drop the boys at school and return home and eat bon bon's and watch Oprah all day.
4 comments:
Those are some really good A's! I refinshed a desk just like that a few years ago...mine was black with dark wood. I bought it for $2at goodwill and then sold it for $30. Good job with preschool!
So fun! And a cute desk- a fun find! I hope schooling goes well, looks like Henry's enjoying it!
Yea for you!!! And fabulous As Henry! Good job. If you ever come across a desk like that call me!!! That is a terrific idea that I sadly never even thought of... Z will need some place to do his school work after all. heehee!
I love the desk! Good job. I love the bon bon and Oprah plan once school starts. I think I'm already on that plan but really... do I have to lose the pregnancy weight? :)
Post a Comment