Friday, September 19, 2008

Wedding Crasher

Sniff, Sniff today is a big day for me. It is Chip and I's unsung anniversary. Anniversary for what you wonder? Well I think to explain it to you I need to take you back in time. Imagine yourself back 9 years ago today. It was a Sunday, I was new at a church. Without knowing a soul I was forced (with everything short of physical abuse) to go to sunday morning youth group (insert teenager rolling of eyes, can't you just picture it) Well after sitting through what seemed to be an eternity all by myself it was over. The youth pastor got up and announced he was getting married today and that everyone was welcome to come to the reception (hmmm I thought to myself) I took off to find my parents just wanting to get the heck out of there. After finding them I stood next to them,rather annoyed, waiting for them to stop "church talking" and go to lunch. As sulked there arms crossed and I am sure the most sour puss faced a teenage girl can put on, a boy called my name from across the room. "Are you coming to the wedding?" he asked me. Very taken back "Uh maybe" I stammered out quite eloquently. Who the heck was that I thought, and how does he know my name? He looked vaguely like someone that I think was in my Chemistry class, darn why did I never stay awake in that class long enough to know peoples names. So after going home and thinking hum well maybe someone did know who I was there, maybe I should go to this wedding. Even if it is a bust at least I can get a piece of cake. So I gussied myself up and headed out the door to what can only be explained as a wedding of two people I do not know at all. Well I sat through the wedding, the kiss (and a kiss it was), went out to dinner and drove to the reception. The certain gentleman who has asked me if I was going to come, was my dancing partner all night (don't worry I figured out his name) We spun, twirled and dipped. After dancing our feet off he asked if I wanted to go outside to the courtyard to talk." Sure" I said, so we grabbed some drinks and walked outside. We talked for a bit (about what I don't remember) I am sure it was deep stuff! After a while I was starting to think, I feel like I am hanging out with my brother. (not good for a boy, that I can only assume was trying to woo a girl, maybe he wasn't and I am just a bit into myself) Well as I started to look around and find something to catch my attention the door opened and in stepped one of this boys friends. "Are you coming" he asked not to me but to my male wooer. "Yeah, I am on my way" he said. "Who is that" I asked "oh just Chip" he is cute I thought to myself. Well as they went off to do something extremely mature involving phone books. I went back inside and sat down to eat some cake. But I could not get the image of the they guy who I had just seen out of my mind. I really couldn't see his face because of the lighting he was just silhouetted in the doorway.

Well I don't think I need to tell any of you what happened after that, but lets just say that this is the result of that first sighting.

I have been told that as he stuck his head out the door he was awestruck by the girl sitting there (just what I was told, who knows if he even noticed me) But to this day, we can say that it was the moment that we fell for each other. So really I guess we can thank our life together to the boy who asked me if I was coming to the wedding.

4 comments:

Dena said...

awww...how sweet. love at first sight!

Kristina said...

Dena put it perfectly...that's what I was going to say...Olivia felt the same way when she first saw Chip:)

petiteblogger said...

That's so cute! I love it!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Or, hello?! You could thank the people who got married!!! Don't we get any credit here?! :)

I loved that post... I think it's a sweet story. Who knew?!

(And yes... what a kiss it was!)