1) As you know we moved from Colorado to California. Now let me start by saying this wasn't really something we had planned. Yes we had dreams of pulling up roots in Co and doing something else. But So Cal was not what we had in mind. But as life goes, Someone else had bigger plans for us and we know why we are here now. Family, plain and simple.
2) It took till now to accept that I am not on vacation. You know how it is new place, new things. One of those new things being fabulous weather and a beach. Also Chip is now working from home so I don't get that feeling that the work week is going because he is gone.
3) A little bit of self pity. I really miss Colorado. I miss the people, so bad. I miss everyone of you. It makes me not want to get on facebook, or read your blogs because it make me miss you so much, But in this solitude I have found something. My hubby. It has been hard to say the least being around each other like 24/7. But I can see how this has forced us to "be together" and be there for each other.
4) My children are out of control...and are exhausting. Good thing they are cute!
5) We just moved into a new(ish) house. And if any of you have ever moved into a house that requires some work will understand that it is all consuming. The person that lived here before us neither knew how to clean or pick proper paint colors. Seriously, who makes an entire house covered in neon colors?
6) I am lazy. (wait, what..who wrote that? I think my subconscious is taking over my list)
7) Trying to find a balance between acceptance that I am not back in my comfort zone where I know people and they know me ( I am hearing the theme song to Cheers right now) and trying to put myself out there and make new friends. And still keeping the ones that I have made before. I have to say "I DON'T WANT TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS!" You guys are just to amazing and I don't want new ones I just want you all to come here!
So with that being said, do you all forgive my internet silence?
P.S You all can come stay with us! We will put you up in our sparest of spare rooms (only the kindred spirits will understand that) But we do in fact have a spare room that is just waiting for occupants! At the moment it is a lovely shade of neon pink and blue, but it is on my list of things to paint.

7 comments:
*sniff* I miss you Sarah! I was just wondering about you yesterday and this morning. I remember feeling a lot of the same things you described when we moved to Alaska. (Of course, we DID move back....) One of the biggest blessings that I remember about our move, was how much it brought Jeremy and I closer. ((Hugs))
Oh Sarah- we miss you so much too. And petey. I found a Christmas ornament I bought for him last year, and was saving for this year. It says, "Watch out- my dog can lick anyone." Oh well- it is on our tree now reminding me of you everyday.
I am glad you are having fun and enjoying the beach. And your husband. That is awesome.
We miss you though.
Hugs friend.
so neon pink, huh? well, i could imagine such a thing away. red, however, red cannot be imagined away. :)
i get the connecting w/ the hubby thing. that was our move to NJ. be glad you didn't move to NJ.
miss you around here!
More! More! More! I want to hear More!!! We miss you! We still drive down "Henry's street"....
I'm glad you've rediscovered your hubs. That is a blessing and so good.
When are you coming back to visit?
Glad your back to writing! We miss you!
Keep writing so your Colorado friend can live vicariously through you. I miss you and I reallly miss our Monday night studies! Becky
Are you ever gonna blog again or what? Miss you!
Post a Comment