I dedicate this morning to Thomas my dear second born.
I have just been watching him the last few weeks, seeing more and more the person he is becoming. At first glance I had come to the conclusion that he is abnormally naughty. He has zero self control, he gets into everything, climbs on everything, destroys EVERYTHING. The boy is a Houdini! He has found a way to get out of every device we have put him in (sometimes very dangerously) I have caught him on the verge of falling on his head from his highchair numerous times. I just keep thinking Henry was never ever this way. Yes, he was still a little boy, but Thomas is just so mischievous! He does all his destroying and dangerous stunts with the most purposefully naughty look on his face. But after watching him more closely I discovered something.
He isn't naughty, and plotting behind my back of ways to drive me nuts and give me heart attacks. He is a true lover of life. When he has climbed up to the top bunk, somehow? I know the boy can barely walk straight, but he can scale a ladder, and is hanging off the top bar screaming with that "naughty" look in his eyes. That look isn't that he is trying to think of the best ways to drive me up the wall, He is just experiencing, and loving a life experience. It isn't a naughty look after all. He is just enjoying what he is doing. Even in the smallest things in life he takes the greatest joy. Like picking up a ball and trowing it. His face lights up like its Christmas morning and he lets out a fabulous laugh. Just watching from a distance you would assume that his devilish grin was because the ball that he just threw almost broke something, but nope he is just loving watching the ball, that he threw bounce about the room. The simple pleasures in life. It takes almost nothing to make him laugh, just looking at him can send him into a fit of giggles. Why, I think he is just loving the experience. So heres to you my little lover of life!
p.s what you don't see in this photo was he had just knocked my coffee on the floor and was going after the computer keyboard. hmmm okay maybe he is a little naughty ;)

2 comments:
I love your very "positive" post! Just remember to look back at it when you forget that he isn't naughty... :) He's such a little darling. We need to get him & Jack together to keep each other out of trouble..
I love his smile! Just remember how adorable he is when he is driving you up the wall:)
Post a Comment